Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Realisation of a long-term plan

Somewhere between 20 and 25 years ago Schwartz were offering these plastic (simulated wood) spice racks for screwing to the wall to hold their spice jars. Note the price of 39p! When I saw them I thought immediately that they would be just the thing to hang my necklaces on. How much nicer to enjoy them all the time, instead of only when I wore them. So I promptly bought a couple of racks. And my necklaces continued to live in boxes, and the spice racks were put away in the gargage.




Now, all those years and a house move later, I have at last arranged for someone to fix them to the wall for me. My collection is considerably larger by now. My eldest granddaughter will be particularly pleased, as she always enjoys seeing my different necklaces.










No comments: