Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Miniatures

I have been a compulsive collector over the years, sometimes starting a collection based on something I've inherited, and sometimes beginning with an item which has caught my eye in the antiques and bric-a-brac markets. This is about my collection of miniature items, inspired by a similar collection belonging to my favourite aunt. I did not inherit it, and so determined to start my own collection, as I already had a number of small items which had come from my mother and grandmother. This display case stands about 20" high and is about 20" wide. I bought it when I was living in Belgium and brought it back to the UK when we came home. You can see what a mass of little objects I have accumulated.



And here are pictures of some of the individual items. I have put thimbles in some of the pictures to indicate the size. I had hoped to upload a lot more, but blogger refused to co-operate. Maybe I'll do some more another day.



























1 comment:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Those are so interesting..thanks for sharing. You are such an interesting woman Judith. I am so glad I have found your blog!