Wednesday, March 07, 2007

High waters



Two pictures I took in 2005, on a calm November day, of teazels at Pershore Bridges, on the River Avon in Worcestershire. Now have a look here at how it was on 4th March after four days of torrential rain - you can see a similar shot of the bridge (without the teazels) at about 35 seconds in to the video. There is a followup video two days later, by which time I would have had to have been swimming or in a boat to get those shots. The videos were made by my friend Steve Bell who appears in the second video, and his partner Sheila Joynes appears briefly in the first.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Such lovely photos of yours. I have been in Pershore - had fish and chips by the River Avon. I can't believe how high the water is there now!

Judith said...

Thanks Pauline. Those pictures were a gift, really. My photography is very much point and shoot, hit or miss, and when something like that single glowing teazel happens, I have no idea how, so I can't do it again! It's as though it was sprinkled with fairy dust for a moment.

Avus said...

I think a lot of good photography has been the result of a photographer shooting off yards of film to get one good shot - it is now so much easier with digital.