Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My new blog - a challenge!

Yesterday was big decision day! Back in September I wrote here about the idea of splitting my blog into two, to have all my autobiographical posts together. The opinions of my reader friends were about equally divided, so I let the idea go for the time being. But now I have found a sufficiently compelling reason to make the change.

A couple of nights ago I read in a friend's blog about how she had suffered from depression after her mother died, but how she had been helped by having a
daily challenge to meet. With a blinding flash I realised that that was exactly what was happening to me after the loss of my husband last October. It is why I have been feeling lethargic and apathetic, reluctant to get up in the morning, and quite disinclined to pursue my contacts on line. It took me less than 24 hours to come up with my own challenge, not so demanding as hers, but hopefully enough to pull me up and get me going again.

I am challenging myself to write my autobiographical notes at least once a week; and to make this easier I have separated them into a second blog, which should help me to focus on them, and which will certainly be easier to read than following the complicated arrangement of links I had previously in my sidebar. I have not deleted the original posts in this blog, because here they are presented somewhat differently, and with many more pictures.

I spent the whole of yesterday setting up the new blog and transferring the previous posts, up to the point where I now have to start writing new stuff again. Already I feel revitalised, so here goes for the challenge!

7 comments:

Avus said...

Good on you J! As I have said before (and will, no doubt, again)You are an inspiration.

Lee said...

Yes, I agree with Avus. And I like the little clock slogan too.

Judith said...

Thanks both of you. I have just discovered this evening that in the process of editing as I copy stuff over, I am also losing chunks that I can remember writing, but can no longer find! I may have to take the whole thing off yet, and start again.

Travelin'Oma said...

The "Hold your loved ones quote" is great. I'm going to quote you in my own blog.

Travelin'Oma said...

P.S. I just read all your posts on this blog. You are a fabulous writer. It doesn't matter what you're writing about, it's fun to read. I'm so glad I found you!

Pete said...

Judith

Go girl!! I agree with all the above. Your writing is wonderful to read.

Up and at 'em

Pete
XX

Lucy said...

Bravo!
I didn't realise it was so recently that you had lost your husband - I am more impressed than ever. Good wishes with the new baby blog!