Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The fourth plinth, Trafalgar Square

I'm in the doldrums again. The winds of inspiration are not filling the sails of my mind, and I am creatively becalmed. I was looking through MyPictures for a shot worth sharing to get me started again, but I could find nothing worthwhile that I've not used before. Then a friend sent me the link to the One & Other live cam transmission of this crazy English expression of 'live art' on the empty fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square.

There are a number of diversions attached to this show, including, for those who would like to be on the plinth but can't, the possibility of creating a picture of themselves upthere. This seemed like fun, and I thought of putting myself up there, but decided that I would probably suffer from vertigo (yes, even virtually and vicariously!), so I put up my beloved old teddybear, Bruin, instead.

I wanted to add this text to the picture, but every time I tried to edit it, the picture disappeared, so I have had to write a separate post. You can hear Antony Gormley talk about his project if you follow this link to my video blog.

No comments: