Sunday, March 07, 2010

New widget

.
I've at last fallen for the temptation of the 'Link Within' widget. But hey, what's going on here. The previous posts that it is choosing to offer at the end of each blogpost seem to have no relevance to what is in the new post. I have got the idea for this widget from Lee who writes 'The Curate's Egg', and associated blogs. Now all his thumbnails of previous programmes seem to come up with a high degree of relevance. But his blogs all have pictures, and I guess it is easier for the widget to index and sort posts by picture than by text.

It's annoying though, as I downloaded it deliberately because I have just written about' growing old disgracefully', and I know I have written about it many times before, so I thought I would let the widget do the walking for me, instead of having to add links individually.

I just wonder what old posts it is going to throw up to go with this one. I am not at all sure I am going to keep this!

5 comments:

Judith said...

I ask you ... what on earth have those got to do with anything?!

annie said...

A new blog called SKETCHING IN NATURE has a similar widget. The moderator Said that she had no control over what it showed. So it seems it is a random thing, certainly on hers, which resembles yours.

annie

Pam said...

Well, intentional or not, it certainly adds interest - it's lovely reading your old posts that I'd forgotten all about ;o)

I think it improves your blog - and I didn't think that was possible!

Beryl Ament said...

I had noticed this feature in several (mainly English) blogs and thought it might be a nice link to other posts I (or others)had written on similar or supporting topics. But then I realized I had no control over the choice of posts and the idea lost its attraction. I think I will wait until something with more focus turns up.

Lee said...

I think it relies heavily on the labels you attach to the posts.